I arrived from Jakarta on 12 February to a lovely welcome lunch with the office staff who then got me settled in with some groceries and a phone. I was picked up for great grilled fish and shrimp satay with Mas Rais, a local English teacher who is also a great AMINEF-trained mentor. For those who know of my fear of motorcycles, you'll be surprised to know that I thoroughly enjoyed getting to the rumah makan naik sepeda motor. I'm pretty sure I can't drive one, but it's fun to passenger with a driver you trust.

Now it's February 13: What a lovely welcome to the campus! Here I am with my colleagues and hosts, Dr. Sunardi and Dr. Dyah Sunggingwati. We are on our way to meet the Dean and the Vice-Rector. The photo on the banner is about 13-years-old!
And here we all are after meeting up. Along with Pak Sunardi and Ibu Dyah are Vice Rector Prof. Dr. Ir. Mustafa Agung Sardjono (next to me) and Dean Prof. Dr. H. Muh. Amir Masruhim, M. Kes (on the right).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog