Catching up during the week of February 18. I've figured out how long it takes me to stroll down to Samarinda Square for a quick grocery shop and meander (about 10 minutes plus street-crossing time can add 4-5 minutes...I'm still learning how to weave in among the motors). Had some good opportunities to consult with Pak Sunardi on his proposed English teaching practicum course. Ibu Dyah is also taking great care of me: gado-gado and nasi pecel at the warungs right outside the office and delicious satay lunch (ayam dan kambing) at a warung not far from me. I was honored to be able to sit in on two Master's student thesis proposal defenses. They are much more formal than ours and quite rigorous. That was followed up with a yummy lunch of bebek goreng. It really does all revolve around the food!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog